Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Stupidest Question You Can Ask About the Holy Ghost

The stupidest question about the Holy Ghost is not asked by the person who has never heard about it. The stupidest question is not, "Is it real?" The stupidest question is not, "Can I have it?" The stupidest question is not, "How do you get it?"

The stupidest question that I have ever heard about the Holy Ghost is from the person who knows from scripture that it is real and available, yet with hard and stubborn heart ask, "Do I have to have it to be saved?" "Will I be lost if I don't get it?" "Do you mean to tell me that I will go to hell if I don't get it?"

With something as great as the Holy Ghost, why does the question have to be, "Will I go to hell without it?" Whether or not a person has to have it to be saved should have no bearing on them wanting it. If it is a gift from God, why would you not want it? This question is like offering someone a rib eye that is grilled to perfection and them asking, "Will I starve to death if I don't eat it?"


"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!" Psalms 34:8 ESV

2 comments:

  1. Brother this is what i have always said.you took the words out of my mouth.when i was seeking the holyghost.i knew nothing about doctrine.i just wanted all i could get from God.When i seen other with it and speaking in tounges i wanted it.I never asked any one if i needed it to be saved.i was to spiritually dumb to ask that question.I just had a hunger.I have never understood why people make a doctinal thing out of it,(even thought it is doctrinal)when they should just have a hunger for more of God!Thanks Bro.for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir. As always that you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete