Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Redemption During and After Divorce

In my last post I wrote about what I hate about divorce. In this post I want to write more redemptively. While Christians should always try to avoid divorce, there are redemptive things that can result from it. I am not suggesting that the things I am about the reference cannot be accomplished in marriage. But sadly they too often are not. So, if you are divorced, it is not the end of the world. Your life is not over. The following are some positive things that can result from divorce:
  • One can recover their true identity in Christ. Too often married people have unhealthy identity issues with their spouses. 
  • One learns to trust God solely. 
  • No relationship loss after divorce will every be more painful or life-altering. 
  • Many times God will restore one's life with a marriage that is God-honoring and fulfilling. 
No doubt there are many other results that could be noted. But these will suffice for the present purpose. If you know someone who is divorced, or is going through a divorce, please share this with them. It may be the grace and hope that they need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment