Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Ultimate Shepherd


1 Peter 5:4 ESV
And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.

Psalms 23:1-6 ESV
1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,

FOR YOU ARE WITH ME: CHRIST THE COMPANION SHEPHERD

YOUR ROD AND STAFF, THEY COMFORT ME: CHRIST THE COMFORTING SHEPHERD

YOU PREPARE A TABLE BEFORE ME IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES: CHRIST THE CULINARY SHEPHERD

YOU ANOINT MY HEAD WITH OIL: CHRIST THE COVERING SHEPHERD

MY CUP OVERFLOWS: CHRIST THE COPIOUS SHEPHERD

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment